24 ans, Systems and Networks Technician, Grand Genève
Kévin, a recent graduate of a BTS Services Informatiques aux Organisations (SIO) at IPAC Grand Genève, talks about his experience at our business school.
Why did you choose a BTS SIO?
I started using digital technologies when I was two years old. It is a world in which I have been immersed for several years. The world of IT is very vast. You discover a lot of things, in many different areas. This environment is constantly changing and that's what I like. I am a very curious person and this allows me to quench my thirst for knowledge.
Today, the world of IT has become a passion
IT is also a profession with a future, with high employability in France and abroad ! This guarantees that I will have a job after my BTS Services Informatiques aux Organisations (SIO).
After my BTS, I will continue next year with a Licence Administration et Sécurité des Systèmes et des Réseaux (ASSR) and continue with a Master's in Cybersecurity in Lausanne to become a Cybersecurity Engineer.
What are the qualities needed to become a cybersecurity engineer?
I think the qualities needed are :
- Teamwork and collaboration with both technicians and users.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to adapt your speech to each person
- Analytical skills in order to understand and determine the problem in the computer park.
- The desire to learn, as this is a constantly evolving job. It is therefore important to keep abreast of new developments and current events.
- But above all, the most important thing for me is patience. When configuring elements, it can sometimes take several hours for the installation to be completed.
What are the assets of IPAC Grand Genève ?
IPAC Grand Genève is a small establishment. The BTS Services Informatiques aux Organisations (SIO) has classes of 10 students.
The staff (trainers, educational manager and training advisor) is therefore better able to monitor students and the supervisors are more attentive to their needs.
Located close to the Swiss border, IPAC Grand Genève gives students the opportunity to find work experience in Switzerland, but also to build up an international network.
There is also a Student Office (BDE), which offers throughout the year student parties, reduced prices on certain activities and a dynamic atmosphere within the school.